Georgian Duct Cleaning's 40 Point Residential Checklist
April 18, 2015
Air ducts can be home to pet hair, dust, building materials, mould, bacteria and fungal growth. Every time your heat or air conditioner operates, these contaminants are forced throughout your home. Regular cleaning of your air ducts is the most effective way to reduce air contaminates and promote healthy air within the home.
When choosing an air duct cleaning company, integrity and transparency are important factors to consider.
We use a 40 point residential checklist to ensure our fully trained, certified technicians offer the best customer service, great service and products with professionalism.
Our 40 point checklist outlines the steps we take to ensure we thoroughly clean your air ducts. More importantly, it offers you the opportunity to ensure we are providing the professional service you paid for.
40 Point Residential Checklist
1. Inspect the layout of the air ducts; determine the best route for hoses or vacuum.
2. Locate all hot air vents and cold air returns.
3. Lay drop sheets to protect finished floors.
4. Adjust temperature at thermostat, verify furnace is operating properly.
5. Turn off furnace.
6. Remove and inspect furnace filter.
7. Isolate cold air returns from furnace.
8. Set up video inspection, invite customer to watch cleaning process.
9. Remove and seal all vents with plastic vent covers.
10. Install access points in cold air returns.
11. Connect vacuum hose to the cold air return.
12. Clean cold air returns from the top down.
13. Air-whip and sweep all cold air returns, joist liners and main ducts.
14. Inspect for proper cleanliness, re-clean as necessary.
15. Apply sanitizer if requested.
16. Remove vacuum hose and install gasketed sheet metal access plates.
17. Install access points in the hot air supply ducts.
18. Locate Air conditioning coils and cover with protective mat.
19. Connect vacuum hose to hot air supply ducts.
20. Air brush and sweep all hot air branch ducts.
21. Clean floor and wall registers.
22. Air-whip and sweep all hot air main ducts.
23. Inspect for proper cleanliness, re clean if required.
24. Apply sanitizer if required
25. Remove vacuum hose and install gasketed sheet metal access plates.
26. Clean furnace fan and fan housing.
27. Remove protective mat from air conditioning coils.
28. Clean coils as necessary.
29. Vacuum any dust from the bottom of the furnace.
30. Securely replace all access panels.
31. Install one-inch plugs in every location used.
32. Remove all tools and clean area around furnace.
33. Turn furnace back on, ensure proper operation
34. Replace all grills and vents
35. Re-position any furniture that was moved for the cleaning.
36. Install Certificate of cleaning and date of next cleaning on duct work.
37. Final walk through of entire house.
38. Advise customer of any problems or concerns discovered during the cleaning
39. Collect payment.
40. Thank customer.
GEORGIAN DUCT CLEANING - SIMPLY THE BEST THERE IS! Our team of fully trained, certified technicians would be happy to provide any of our services in your home or commercial building.
Georgian Duct Cleaning is a family owned business in Simcoe County with over 20 years experience working with residential, commercial and industrial HVAC ducts. Call us for a free quote or for more information. (705) 722-5952 Or 1-800-363-2563